The library was completed in 1964 and named in honor of Rex A. Dunn, a Simpson alumnus. Collections include books, journals, scores, DVDs, and CDs; e-books, e-journals and a multitude of e-resources are available through the library’s web site. Dunn features group study rooms, individual carrels, and comfy chairs and couches. The Research Assistance Center, computer lab, and the Edwards Center (EMERGE) are on the first floor, along with The Center for Academic Resources. The Avery Craven Room, on the second floor, houses an Antebellum South collection, as well as the Lehmann Collection of Ancient Pottery. Classrooms, the general book collection, and teacher education materials are also on the second floor. The third floor includes quiet study spaces, Student Support Services, and the Walt Research Library & Simpson College Archives. The first library building, the Carnegie Library located by Mary Berry Hall, was completed in 1907 with Carnegie funds and was taken down in June 2014.