Welcome to the Department of Music
The department currently offers the following majors, minors and master's program:
- Music Performance
- Music Education
- Arts Management
- Master's of Music in Choral Conducting
Contacts in the Department of Music:
- John Benoit - 515-961-1581
- Mike Eckerty - 515-961-1326
- Matthew Lau - 515-961-1568
- Bernard McDonald - 515-961-1371
- Loida Pineda - 515-961-1578
- Jamie Poulsen - 515-961-1846
- Brian Rodesch - 515-961-1575
- Jin Young Park - 515-961-1329
We are a distinctively student-centered music department that believes strongly in the creative and intellectual growth of every student. We are committed to serving:
1) students choosing to major in music,
2) students majoring in other academic areas but who enjoy participation in the department,
3) the cultural environment of the larger community.
We are committed to preparing each student for a successful life in music after Simpson. Our program offers a variety of classroom and performance experiences that enable our students to graduate fully prepared to become highly effective music educators and performers, enter quality graduate programs, or use music successfully in related fields.
Through our concerted efforts, students and the community at large will come to realize that music moves beyond the realm of entertainment and that an understanding of and appreciation for music can profoundly enrich our lives.
- revised Spring 2012