Spring 2021 Commencement
Saturday, May 1, 2021, Two Ceremonies
10:00 a.m. -spring and fall 2020 graduates
2:00 p.m. - spring 2021 graduates
Buxton Stadium, Indianola Campus
Friday, April 30, 2021
Baccalaureate – Information to be announced.
Saturday, May 1, 2021
Graduation Procession Line-Up, Time and place to be announced for each separate ceremony.
Commencement Ceremony – Commencement Ceremony – Cowles Fieldhouse, Time to be announced. All seating is general seating, no tickets are required. Ushers on duty will be pleased to provide assistance to all guests. Anyone who would like to be seated near the sign language interpreters is asked to express that desire to an usher who will direct them to that specific area. A reception with light refreshments will be held following the ceremony on the Pedestrian Plaza in front of the Kent Campus Center. See this link for department locations at the reception.
Venues Open on Commencement Day
**Bookstore open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Parking and Building Accessibility Information-The north section of the Pedestrian Plaza (south of Girard Avenue) is open to two-way traffic to accommodate drop-offs only in front of the Kent Campus Center. No parking will be allowed on the Pedestrian Plaza.
You can access the Athletic Complex and Cowles Fieldhouse in the following ways:
- From D Street, enter on the west side of the Athletic Center (including handicapped access ramp) or enter the west entrance to Kent Campus Center and walk through the building and down the stairs to Cowles Fieldhouse;
- From the Pedestrian Plaza, enter on the east side of the Athletic Complex or through the east side of the Kent Campus Center and walk through the building and down the stairs to Cowles Fieldhouse.
Handicapped parking spaces are located in the Kent Center Parking Lot, McNeill/Hillman Parking Lot, Pote Theater Parking Lot and on D Street.
- From D Street, use the ramp on the west side of Athletic Complex down to Cowles Fieldhouse.
- From the Pedestrian Plaza, enter the Athletic Complex, turn left and take the elevator from the main level to the lower level. When you reach the lower level, proceed down the hallway to Cowles Fieldhouse.
- From the Pedestrian Plaza, enter the Athletic Complex and turn right to watch the ceremony through the windows above the gym from the “upper hallway” across from the athletic offices. You can also enter from the Pedestrian Plaza through the main entrance to the Kent Campus Center and turn left to access this same space. This area will be equipped with a public address system and air conditioning. (The gym is not air-conditioned.)