CARs Mission and Vision Statements, Aims & Guiding Principles
The Center supports student engagement and success using a student-focused approach to teach effective learning strategies, connect students to resources, and build effective relationships.
Students will flourish as a result of engaging in opportunities at Simpson, reflecting on their experiences, and developing the confidence and capacity to apply what they have learned.
- Promote effective learning strategies through outreach, programming, and coaching.
- Honor the uniqueness of each student by using a culturally responsive, strengths-based approach.
- Facilitate a growth mindset resulting in self-directed and lifelong learning.
- Utilize a whole-person perspective to ensure students seek and use resources, build interdependent relationships, apply practices, and actualize their agency through growth and development.
- Foster career readiness through training, advising, supervision, and coaching.
- Advance the Simpson College Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Access to education is a right and is accomplished through an individualized process of reviewing and assessing student needs.
- Shared commitment to openly welcome and support all students who engage with us and utilize our resources.
- Learning is facilitated with a growth mindset and all individuals – students, staff, and faculty – have the opportunity and responsibility to learn by engaging in coursework and professional development.
- Consistent assessment of our work increases its impact and improves learning and programs outcomes.
- Peer-led support such as tutoring, coaching, consulting, and mentoring provides the opportunity for students to serve as campus leaders by advancing student engagement and success.
- Collaboration across campus fuels student learning resulting in earned degrees as well as career and life readiness.