Simpson College invites applications and nominations for the position of Controller.
The Controller reports to the Vice President for Business and Finance. Primary responsibilities include:
- general ledger maintenance including preparation of financial reports; budget preparation and monitoring;
- maintain investment accounts including required documentation;
- develop, implement and monitor accounting and other procedures;
- act as a problem solver to both internal and external parties on financially related matters.
This position will also be responsible for the annual financial and compliance audit, including preparation of GAAP financial statements, information returns (IRS 990 and 5500) and other reports and filings.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA in accounting and five+ years experience with progressive financial, budget and reporting or audit experience. A CPA designation is strongly preferred.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Have advanced computer proficiency skills with accounting systems and Windows-based software packages including spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation applications.
- Have demonstrable skills of working cooperatively and collaboratively with co-workers and other constituencies.
Simpson's main campus is 12 miles from Iowa’s capital city of Des Moines. For more information, visit www.simpson.edu.
Simpson offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including tuition waiver benefits for employees and immediate family members. Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume and the name of three professional references to: Human Resources, Simpson College, and 701 North C Street, Indianola, IA 50125 or by email to employment.@simpson.edu The review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy and practice of Simpson College to provide equal educational and employment opportunities for all. We specifically encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, persons with disabilities and individuals who are bilingual (Spanish) to apply. The entire Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found here.
Job level 5