The position will be responsible for upholding the creative aspect of the College's brand while assisting in evolving the brand based on data, insight and/or trends. The work environment is supportive, collaborative, and team-oriented with competitive benefits and regular opportunities for professional development.
- Coordinate and create consistent design elements for all Simpson’s marketing and website materials.
- Research, create and select graphics, fonts, photos and illustrations for design projects while managing multiple tasks, projects and clients at once.
- Maintain project flow and deadlines within the project management system, ensuring all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Meet with internal clients to develop specifications for printing projects alongside the Marketing Coordinator.
- Consult with print vendors to ensure projects are printed to specification.
- As necessary, coordinate professional photoshoots with the Marketing Coordinator. Asses current photo library needs, create shot list, determine students, coordinate locations and hire and supervise photographers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated collaborative skills, experience in creative problem solving and the ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to redirect client requests to align with sound marketing and/or design strategy.
- Knowledge of printing and the ability to keep up with the changes in technology that affect the creative and production process of a project. Must be able to build relationships with vendors and represent the College effectively and professionally.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects at different stages of production at once, in addition to other tasks also being performed. Must be deadline-driven and able to complete projects within the established timeline.
- Ability to travel off-campus for such necessities as press checks, photoshoots, conferences and industry research.
- Experience in email software and commonly used web platforms is beneficial.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in art in graphic design or a related field.
- Five to seven years of job experience in the capacity of senior graphic designer.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in a non-profit or college setting is preferred but not required.
Interested candidates should send a letter of application, resume and the names and contact information for three professional references to:
Human Resources, Simpson College
701 North C Street
Indianola, IA 50125
or by e-mail to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Simpson College does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to help constitute a diverse community. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from members of underrepresented groups. You will find the entire EOE statement here.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds. Employment will require a criminal background check, which may include, but is not limited to criminal history, national sex offender search, and motor vehicle history.