If you would like to apply for accommodations or modifications, such as extended time for testing or a low distraction testing area, please complete the following steps below. The Simpson College Student Accessibility Coordinator will review and develop a list of reasonable accommodations based on your application.
- Fill out a request for accommodations form.
- Sign a release of information form.
- Provide appropriate documentation. These documentation forms may include the following:
- The student’s most recent IEP AND educational report, sometimes called a three year review or re-evaluation
- Medical records that provide a clear diagnosis (this needs to be on letterhead stationery and signed by a qualified diagnostician)
- Mental health records should include a DSM-5 diagnosis and should be no older than one year
- Psycho-educational reports from qualified psychologists or educational specialists
- This information can be brought to the appointment with the Director of Student Accessibility Services, or it can be sent through mail addressed to:
Director of Student Accessibility Services
The Center for Academic Resources, Dunn 101
508 North C Street
Indianola, Iowa 50125