facebook icon twitter icon youtube icon

Military Grants and Benefits

Simpson College selected by GI Jobs Magazine as a military friendly school
This honor places Simpson in the top 20 percent of all schools nationwide. We appreciate all that our service members and their families do for our country and are proud to be on this list. Some of the benefits available to military members/family include:

Iowa National Guard Educational Assistance Grants 
This grant provides annual awards to Iowa National Guard members who attend eligible Iowa colleges and universities. Maximum individual awards cannot exceed the resident tuition rate at Iowa Regent Universities. For the 2021-2022 academic year, the average tuition rate for full-time students at Iowa Regent Universities is $9,659. The Iowa Adjutant General determines eligibility.

Veterans' Benefits
The Veterans Administration administers programs for veterans and service people seeking assistance for education and training. If you are a veteran or dependent of a veteran and plan to receive educational benefits as determined by the Department of Veteran Affairs, contact the Registrar’s Office well in advance of enrollment to request certification. The veteran’s administration website is available at www.gibill.va.gov.

Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Educational Enhancement Program is a provision of the Post- 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program is designed to supplement the Post- 9/11 tuition benefit, which is limited to the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition. Under the Yellow Ribbon program, Simpson College entered into an agreement with the Department of Veterans Affairs to jointly pay the portion of an eligible veteran’s net tuition and fees that exceed the maximum amount otherwise provided by the Post- 9/11 GI Bill®. Veterans are encouraged to visit the VA’s Yellow Ribbon webpage at www.gibill.va.gov to determine their eligibility. Simpson College does require you to file a FAFSA in order to potentially maximize federal and/or state benefits.

Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits
The Division of Vocational and Rehabilitation of the Iowa Department of Public Instruction or a similar division in other states make assistance available to physically and mentally challenged students who are residents of the state. More information is available from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, 210 Walnut Street, Des Moines, IA 50309, or the student’s home state office.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)