COVID Vaccination Event Wednesday April 7
April 2, 2021 (2:01 p.m. Central Time)
Dear Simpson College students, faculty and staff,
In a joint effort with the City of Indianola and Hy-Vee Pharmacy, Simpson College is pleased to offer a COVID-19 vaccine event from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday, April 7 — the same day as the Spring has Sprung Carnival. You can get your vaccine AND enjoy the festivities!
The vaccine event is for the extended Indianola community, which includes Simpson students, faculty and staff. Effective Monday, April 5 all Iowans over the age of 16 are eligible for vaccination. There will be 1,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine. A second dose will be required in three weeks; we will be holding a clinic to administer the second dose on Thursday, April 29. All those who wish to be vaccinated must have an appointment, registered in advance through this Hy-Vee link. The drive-in or walk-up event will begin at the Memorial Park parking lot at the intersection of North G St. and W Euclid Ave. and continues on W Euclid toward the City Pool parking lot. Please see the attached Google map for more information on the location.
In order to receive the vaccine, you will need to
- Print off and complete the attached consent form
- Provide a photocopy of the front and back of your insurance card. Please include a copy of your prescription card (Rx Card) if applicable. If you do not have health insurance, you must provide a photocopy of your driver’s license.
To make this event a success, we need volunteers from the Simpson community. To facilitate the event, there need to be at least 18 volunteers at any given time. Help us be great citizens of Indianola and sign up today.
Volunteer positions include:
- Traffic marshals — providing direction as guests arrive in the parking lot
- Vaccination tent — helping with paperwork and drawing up vaccines – experience preferred
- Post-vaccination waiting area — monitoring recipients for adverse reactions – CPR-certified preferred
There will not be any on-campus testing Wednesday while the vaccine event is taking place. Students randomly selected for testing that week will have Tuesday, Thursday and Friday to test.
Heidi Levine, Ph.D.
Vice President, Student Development and Planning
Chair, Crisis Management Team