March 16, 2021 (11:57 a.m. Central Time)
The CDC recently posted new, more liberal guidelines for people who have completed a COVID-19 vaccination. Recommendations regarding mask use and avoiding large gatherings still remain in effect. While we at Simpson College are delighted members of our community are being vaccinated, we will not follow the CDC’s changed recommendations as precisely as in the past. Instead, we will remain a bit tighter on our guidelines. We want more of our population to be vaccinated so we can achieve herd immunity.
Before that happens, please follow these guidelines:
- Wear your mask properly — regardless of your vaccine status — whenever you’re out of your personal, private space. Ensure your mask covers your nose and mouth.
- Practice safe six. If you’re around people outside your personal, private space ensure six feet of space between you and the next person — on ALL sides.
- Continue your daily Moodle check-in, even if you’ve had the vaccine.
- Eat only in your family units.
- Be careful when out and about in town. Things ARE getting better, but not that much better. You should still mask-up and practice safe-six. You should beware of large or even medium-sized crowds.
You’ve done a great job all year. Keep up the good work and power through the rest of the semester so we can stay safe and healthy.
Stay safe, Simpson.