Simpson College is currently in Phase Yellow
August 25, 2021 (8 a.m. Central Time)
Dear Campus Community,
The start of the semester is just days away. While this year will look more normal than last year, we still need to take precautions for the safety of the entire Simpson College community.
As we continue to watch our campus vaccination rates rise, we’ll start random testing of all unvaccinated individuals beginning the first week of classes. The random tests include all members of the campus community – students, faculty and staff. Because delta is a more transmissible variant of COVID-19, CMT recommended, and Cabinet approved, these updated protocols.
Here’s what you need to know about testing:
- Beginning the week of Aug. 30, 35% of all unvaccinated students and 35% of all unvaccinated faculty and staff will be subject to random COVID-19 testing
- Individuals selected for testing will be notified the prior Friday, starting Friday, Aug. 27
- Testing will take place Monday through Wednesday from 1:30-2:30 p.m. at the Campus Services building
- Individuals who wish to be tested off-campus (including through at-home testing) must submit proof of results within the past seven days to email@example.com by 8 a.m. Thursday of the week they are to be tested
Want to avoid testing? Get vaccinated! Getting vaccinated is the best way to prevent severe illness, hospitalization and death. Plus, the FDA on Aug. 23 fully approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. Visit vaccines.gov to find a vaccination provider near you or plan to attend Simpson’s COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic on Sunday, Aug. 29. The walk-up clinic will take place in Hopper Gym from 2:15-3:15 p.m.
If you have already been vaccinated please send a photo of your vaccine card to:
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty/staff: email@example.com
We learned a lot about the strength of the ONESimpson community last year. I’m confident we will continue to protect each other. Together, we can make 2020 a distant memory and make this a year to remember.
Heidi Levine, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Development and Planning
Chair, Crisis Management Team