Sharing updated information with the Simpson College community is our top priority. You can visit the Simpson College COVID19 webpage for our daily updates.
All current information and timely updates can be found at simpson.edu/covid19. Information will also be posted on the college’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
The college also maintains and responds to all questions submitted the email address: COVIDResponse@simpson.edu.
Health and Well-Being
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) recommend preventative actions to help prevent the spread of viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Practice social distancing, which means remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings of 10 people or more, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.
Classes and Academics
Simpson College has made the decision to transition to online classes for the remainder of the 2019-20 academic year. This includes the Spring 2020 semester and May Term.
Housing and Dining
College housing will close March 31, 2020 at 8 p.m. for all students other than those with special permission to stay. Students are encouraged to make other arrangements whenever possible and should move out of residential environments.
For questions, email email@example.com.
All May Term courses will be offered in an online format.
For the health and safety of everyone, all individual and group visits to campus for both admitted and prospective students are canceled until April 12, 2020.