Additional resources for the Simpson College Campus Community to better handle ongoing changes and cope with the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Moodle Resources and Online Learning Tips
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Download a Simpson College Zoom Virtual Background
Student Accessibility Services
- Exam Procedures
- Fall 2020 Registration
- Recommendations to be Successful Online
- Obtaining Accomodations
- Email email@example.com with questions
Academic Coaching and Peer Academic Leader (PALs)
- Students: Online Academic Coaching
- Students: Online PALs
- 9 Tips for Being a Successful Online Student
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with questions
Coffee with Heidi
Sit down to enjoy a virtual coffee with Heidi Levine, vice president for student development. Follow the link below to share your availability and Heidi will schedule a time for a 30-minute call to connect about what's happening with Simpson, how things are going away from campus, or anything else that's on your mind.
Simpson College Counseling Services will continue to be available to students via phone or video counseling Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-961-1332.
Things to know about tele-counseling provided by Simpson College Counseling Services:
- We are continuing with any current clients who wish/are able to do so and WILL BE TAKING NEW CLIENTS throughout the rest of the academic year.
- If you would like, we are also happy to assist with referrals to services in your home community.
- Most sessions will be conducted via video or phone.
- Sessions remain confidential.
- Initial sessions will still be 30-45 minutes, regular sessions will be 45-50 minutes.
- If you would like to schedule a session we will send you links to paperwork to complete prior to your session and you will get an online meeting request for your appointment time.
- In some rare situations, we may determine that tele-counseling is not an appropriate option. Should this be the case, we will work to refer you to services in your community.
Career Development Resources
The office will leverage Zoom, phone and email to connect with students who are: exploring majors/career, searching for internships or jobs, navigating graduate school admission, polishing application materials, preparing for interviews or strengthening LinkedIn profiles.
Students are asked to schedule appointments through Handshake.
- Login with your Simpson email and password
- Click "Career Center"
- Click "Appointments"
Group Workshops and Employer Engagement
Seniors have already been invited to a Job Search Series. Additional workshops and alternative ways to engage employers are being discussed.
Online Job Board
The office continues to approve internship and job postings from employers through Handshake.
Access links on SC Connect (SC Connect / My Links / Career Development) to register for internship credit and to apply for wage assistance for unpaid internships.
CandidCareer Video Library
Access videos of real people speaking about their career experiences. Videos are available for students who are exploring their career options as well as those students seeking advice on getting hired.
Spring 2020 On-Site Internships
Due to the challenges presented by COVID-19, completing an on-site internship during spring 2020 will be a challenge. Questions may be directed to: email@example.com.
Please take the following steps:
- Maintain communication with internship site supervisors, faculty advisors, and the Career Development team.
- Complete on-site internship hours only if the employer and student deem it safe and follow guidelines outlined by local and national health experts.
- Ideally, on-site supervisors will instead provide remote work or projects for interns. If that is not possible, our faculty supervisors will provide alternative academic projects.